Elemental Data Collection adheres to the privacy laws regarding respondent confidentiality within our industry. Unless otherwise stated, all of our research data is collected and presented in aggregate format so that no responses can be linked or tracked back to specific respondents. Respondents can be rest assured that any personal information that is shared with us will remain strictly confidential unless permission has been granted to share their responses.
The principles and our compliance are as follows:
- Accountability – if you have been a respondent in one of our studies and have any questions related to your personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- Identifying the Purpose of the Research – before you agree to participate in any research study, you will be advised of why the study is being conducted and how any of your information will be collected and used.
- Consent – in the rare instance that your personal information needs to be connected to your responses to fulfill the objectives of the study and transferred to the client, you will specifically be asked at the time of data collection if you grant permission. For any study we conduct, you have the option of not participating.
- Limiting Collection – we will only collect the data we need to meet our study objectives.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – personal information will be retained only as long as it serves a purpose and need.
- Accuracy – in all aspects of data collection and analysis, we strive for the highest accuracy and quality possible.
- Safeguards – any personal information from participation in research studies is protected using physical and technological barriers.
- Individual Access – a respondent who has participated in one of our studies may have access to his or her personal information within 30 days of filing a request with our Privacy Officer.
A full detailed explanation of the standards and policies that Elemental Data Collection Inc. adheres to can be found on the CRIC (Canadian Insights Research Council) website. Furthermore, Elemental Data Collection Inc. abides by the Standards for the Conduct of Government of Canada Public Opinion Research – Telephone and Online Surveys which additionally outlines our privacy responsibilities here.