How did you get my phone number?
- In most cases, your number was randomly selected from all available phone numbers in North America. In some instances, our clients provide us with a sample of their client list in order to conduct market research.
My number is unlisted so why did I get called?
- Through a scientific sampling methodology called Random Digit Dial generation, we generate a large list of telephone number combinations, many of which are not actual phone numbers. You may think that we just take numbers from phone books but market research is very scientific and it is important that we get views from all types of respondents.
I have registered with the Do Not Call list so you are not allowed to call me.
- Market research is not part of the Do Not Call list as we are not telemarketing – there are no sales involved. However, we do respect that you may not wish to be called and if so, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our own Do Not Call list.
What personal information do you have on me?
- When we call you, all we have is the information listed in the phone book. We are fully compliant with PIPEDA and do not provide any personal information we collect about you to our client without your permission.
What does it mean that your are a member of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA)?
- As a member of the MRIA, we must follow a strict set of rules and regulations to maintain our industry membership. The MRIA Charter of Respondent Rights outlines what you can be assured of when we collect your opinions.